Sunday, January 24, 2010

Back to work...in the gym that is


I just recently joined a gym in my hometown, called Fuel Fitness. It's a step in the direction for me to get healthy again. I have been lucky to not have too many problems with weight, but having overall health is so important. My daughter will grow up knowing that exercise should be a part of her daily life too. I also wanted to get back into lean shape to see if I could get my 'old' body back.


It's been nearly two years since my daughter was born. I was a healthy 135 lbs. I ran nearly everyday and worked out in a gym at the country club (when I lived in Fort Smith). I was a machine and I loved it! I watched what I ate and tried to eat healthy and say no to sweets and drinks. The day I went into the hospital to give birth to my daughter, I weighed in at a whopping 180 lbs! No joke people. I packed it on. I enjoyed every bite too! After I had Franci, I dropped 20 lbs. immediately. She was a healthy 8 lb. 7 0z. baby!! I struggled with eating lots of calories to keep my milk going. Didn't know that was important did you? I could have shed off all the weight but I was advised to keep eating to keep my calories for breastfeeding. So when all was said and done, I ended up weighing in at 145 lbs. I wasn't too satisfied with that.

To share reality, I had gained a lot of my baby weight in my booty and thighs. The only trace of being pregnant I have are the stretch marks on my upper booty. It is hidden with a swim suit and they are light. I'm lucky. Oh and I almost forgot, I have NO boobs! I didn't have much to start with but I don't any now! I think I can owe the 'no boob' thing to working out.

So here I am, back in the gym and the preliminary results are in. I weigh in at 128 lbs. with 20% body fat. I'm down to an ideal range of weight and I'm ready to start the transformation. I have a great trainer who shows me no mercy! He pushes me with each session. It's become a sick thing, but the more pain I feel the happier I am. As we all know, if you have pain in your muscles then you're doing something right.

I'm trying to achieve a lean, cut body. I think I can thank my workouts for the loss of my boobs! That is another topic I'm sure I'll talk about soon enough. For now, I am pretty excited and dedicated to this new thing. I don't know if I'm going overboard, but I figure why not?



I have posted a few pics of what I hope to get to. I'm pretty realistic with some things and I know that I won't achieve these looks exactly. I will be posting pics of my 'before' body soon so keep on the look out.

1 comments:

SGRMSE. said...

hope you're well on your way to being all lean and fit and chiseled! would be awesome to see pics :D :D